Friday 20 December 2013

Bye, INTI!

I was supposed to fully-check-out after my interview on Wednesday. But, when I was told it has been rescheduled to Tuesday at INTI Subang, I had no choice but to give up this opportunity. So, I had to deliberately make up a journey all the way down to Nilai, "pack" my things (ya, still have few things left) and check out. It was when the moment I cleared up the place, my emotions, both happy and sad, got mixed up. Happy in the sense that, after spending four years in the "jungle", it's time to have some "non-jungle" life; sad in the sense that, after spending four years there and I have to leave my "second-home"? It's definitely not an easy task, at least for me.
My room, my "second-home".
All these, have accompanied me for four years!
Can you imagine that??
The pantry and the bathroom.
Ah, I'll never forget these places...
A lovely gift from my roomie..
Ahem.. I miss her already..
I kinda felt reluctant to leave this place...
Let's reminisce back the old times. I was still a kid back in foundation. Ya, I just left high school and I brought my "kanak-kanak riang" (kinda means, happy go lucky) personalities into the supposed-to-be-more-mature stage. And then, people always teased me for being blur-blur (ya, as if I was an alien who doesn't understand human language.. may be because I was too childish, or too innocent.. I'm not sure). Actually, I don't mind, as long as everyone is happy, then I'll be happy. ;) As time passed, my observations told me that, it's time to grow up (oh, especially during the so-called "r/ship" period). I started to think more like an adult, started to remind myself, it's time to be mature (especially when I was turning 21). I was so confused as to, which type of person I want to be, which type of life I wish to lead, and HOW to get there? I started to feel left-out, when I saw few of my friends have already planned their life ahead. And there I was, telling myself, "it's time to change".

Compared to the good old days, I would say, I smile and laugh less nowadays. Not that I'm not happy, just that, I need to manage the intensity of it. I am more serious when it comes to discussing about life or career, rather than having a it's-too-early-to-plan kind of attitude back then. Some how or rather, I know there is a need to behave professionally for, it's time to join the workforce. I may still have the "little-child" in me, but she will only come out comfortably in front of certain people, say, my jimui. Hehe... Oh ya, one more thing has changed. I used to be so afraid to present in front of people, but no more. I remember how my voice trembled during my Marketing Planning presentation whereby, more than hundreds of students were there looking at you! Ahem... Well... Though some of our classes might not be as huge as that, I managed to improve my skills from, not holding any cue-cards, to walking in front of the audience, with loud and confident voice. Though it may not sound like an achievement worth mentioning, at least to me, I'm happy that I'm far better than my peers. :D (However, I don't know why when it comes to presenting for my interviews, my skills are not as good.. Hmmph..)

Erm.. I'm not sure what else has changed, but I'm sure that, I'm now a different person thanks to all the events that happened in the past four years in INTI. I'm glad that I took up the courage to join Indians and "bananas" to train up my English, instead of joining my own kind, the "Cina-kuih". Four years has indeed made an impact on my life, and I'll never forget INTI, as a platform for me to improve. I know my English is not the best in INTI, but I'm kinda proud of myself when some of my friends envy me for, I speak fluently in both English and Chinese (Ya, a lot of people mistaken me as a banana at times.. LOL). 

Okay, I'm writing a letter to some of my closest of friends and, will be posting up one day before the New year. So, if any of you are curious, stay tune! :p

'Till next post, cheers :D


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I will feel the same when the time comes for me :(

    Wah... shared bathrooms... reminds me of the days in KEM lol (remember? :P). And it looks similar to the bathrooms in the Orange is the New Black hahaha (which were prison bathrooms if you don't know, a lot worse) The show is great! You should watch it!

    And I am really really grateful to be able to stay in a condo unit with a spacious bathroom :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have a year to go right? "man man" enjoy your uni life!
      KEM? You mean the Kelab Setia one? LOL
      Okay, after I finished "My Seng Lady", I'll search for the drama then :D
      But own bathroom means you have to wash yourself, ours are serviced by "kakak" de.. lol

      Delete