Sunday 6 October 2013

NNFoodFest 2013

When I checked my inbox a few days back, I found an e-invitation to NNFoodFest, a food festival organized by Nuffnang for Nuffnangers (oh, of course non-nuffnangers as well). I'm glad that my best friend, CT was successfully "persuaded" to join me there, instead of "brain-washed" by her cousin-sister the otherwise. Hehe.

So, we departed at 1pm+, arrived there way earlier than the time for registration which was 3pm. There was a guy walked towards CT and started talking to her, asking her if she is interested to join some company for part time job or something. What I wanted to say here, is, CT is super-duper naive! Whatever the guy asked of her, she answered! She told him her age, where she stayed, her surname, and her H/P number! Gosh!! AND, she shook hand with him! She wanted to act all-cool though, but she laughed at times when she wasn't sure how to respond. Well, he did ask whether I'm interested, all I did was shook my head and looked away. Haha.. I think I was kind of cruel lar, to leave my friend there "dealing" with some stranger without giving a hand. Nah, I was just eliminating the chance for her to say, "Why are you so rude?" when I attempting to "signal" my uninterest. So, ahem.. Thanks for the amusing show, CT! XD

Then, we wandered around the shopping mall to look for the socks I wanted to buy. Erm, its not just some ordinary socks, it must be made of bamboo charcoal because of my feet "disease". It costs me RM14, hopefully it works.
Eh, its not just for men, its universal okay.. Haha
And, there is a small "booklet" introducing its benefits.
Let's see if this local brand worth my second purchase :)
Fast forward to 3pm, I wouldn't say the queue wasn't THAT long because we went there 5 minutes earlier. We needed to register and fill in our blog's URL for their "little" free gift. Then, we started to tweet, tweet and tweet. Oh, for your information, all the food were FOC as long as you fulfilled one of the following, (i) scan their respective QR code (I heard its for iPhones only though); (ii) tweet #NNFoodFest, #vendor's name; (iii) like & share vendor's FB page. Means, as long as you have your smart phones and equipped with data plan, you'll get free flow of food throughout the event! As easy as ABC right? :D
This was the free "gift" I mentioned.. lol...
It tastes good though~
The first stall we went to. Gotten ourselves a free scoop of New Zealand
Natural ice-cream by #NNFoodFest #NZNTHISISJOY.
I chose a strawberry flavor. Its compact.
I was afraid it might be too sweet but, its just nice! :)
I captured this because its my favourite colour, purple!
The first VINEGAR bar, I don't dare to try though
(I hate vinegar) lol...
Free PORK burger from NinjaJoe by #NNFoodFest @porkburger.
Extremely nice! And we are given a coupon to purchase its burger at RM1 only!
(valid until end of this year).. Awwww...
Free Nando's chicken by #NNFoodFest #nandosMY.
Their extra-hot sauce is spicy enough, yet they have
extra-extra hot sauce too!! OMG~
Free Chatime by #NNFoodFest @chatimemy.
CT almost read it as cha-ti-ne-my.. LOL... 
I chose a Lemon Winter Melon. And a free sticker to stick on the arm as one of their
"marketing strategies".
This is no-ordinary fries, okay? Yuuummmyyy...
#NNFoodFest #CrazyPotato.. 
The CrazyPotato was among the most demanded food of the day!
At 6pm, we went for a workshop conducted by Brian Chong, an award-winning food photographer from Canon. But, apparently, he is not just some amateur photographer, he is a professional as well! They were giving away 10 free books of coupons (valid until 2014) for whomever answered their questions correctly. However, we were too shy and thus, no coupons for us.. lol... Oh, we bumped into one of our high-school friends as well.. hehe...

People were listening attentively.
At the end of the day...
Are you drooling over the mouth-watering food? Muahahahaha~~~
Click here to visit another version of the event.. Hehe..
Thanks, Nuffnang! Looking forward for your upcoming events!
'Till next post, cheers :)


1 comment:

  1. oi I sent u the pics ytd night itself ok! check ur fb! F3
    u spelled the organizer's name wrongly omg! nuffnang wey!

    btw ur fav colour is purple?! me too! tho my items are generally in pink lol

    ReplyDelete