Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunway Lagoon

This post is under the label "Trip" though it isn't really considered as a trip.. lol.. Actually, we were both very upset when our plan to visit Melacca during this Hari Raya was forced to cancel. Not to mention, my bestie was hence kind of angry at me as I was the one who started everything, yet also the one who caused an ending to it. However, I'm glad that the misunderstanding between us has been lifted away and there we were, only the two of us, marched on a "trip" to Sunway Lagoon.

She was aware of the "buy-one-free-one" promotion, thus we paid only RM120 for both of us. Quite worth it, I would say, as it includes 5 parks, except  Bungy Jump, G-Force X and ATV. (I think Go-Kart too if not mistaken) Last time we used to get a watch-like band, which stores the MYR for transaction in the park. Now, it's even more advance. No more rubber-like watch band. The bar-code on the ticket itself serves as a "debit-card" already. What's more? The lockers used to function on a lock-and-key basis (as in literally key); now the bar-code itself serves as an e-key. RM15 (RM30 for big locker) whole day for unlimited access (means, you may open as many time as you wish without any extra charges like how it used to be). Kind of cool!

You can't get to choose which locker you want, as you need to register at the counter,
got the RM15 deducted from your "debit-band", then the system will randomly choose for you.
I suppose it was due to the fact that the coming Monday is Raya, thus the park was not as crowded as last time when I went with my tuition friends. It's good that we managed to finish almost all the exciting rides by.. around 2pm or 3pm.. Really, the queues were not at all long.

Impressive eh, The Vuvuzela?
Photo taken before it was our turn *was a little too excited* hehe..
The first thing that we tried was the Vuvuzela. I had been wanting to try ever since I heard the advertisement on radio. As it requires at least 5 people for one buoy, we grouped-up with another 3 persons, a father with two sons. 5 of us rode it twice! Haha.. Super duper SYOK!!! How I wish I could record it down though... Then we went for Congo Challenge and African Pythons. I gathered that, ever since I experienced the incredibly amazing excitement from Vuvuzela, it seemed like all the other rides couldn't impress me any further.. Hmmmm..

We went on to try the Waterplexx 5D. Well, the 3D glasses (to me) didn't really function 3D-ly (to my bestie, it did though). I was rather shocked by the water spurted out from a standing pipe right beside me (oh, and one more right above my head from the ceiling). Seriously! If you are not ready/willing to get wet, please don't try this... Nevertheless, it was fun lar :)

The Surf Beach was basically, nothing much to explore. After like, 5 minutes “soaking" in the water, we proceeded to Extreme Park. I kinda wanted to try the G-Force X, but it was too expensive lar, RM60/person; and the Bungy Jump also, RM130/person. Sigh.. At the end, we tried out the Flying Fox which, as my bestie described it "not as fast as I expected". Well, to me, as it was my first time, I find it quite ok lar, I was quite "ganjiong" before the guy pushed me forward, but I didn't scream at all until the end. Hmm.. But still not bad lar :)

As we didn't have any heavy breakfast, we were famished by noon time. However, we decided to go for a Pirate's Revenge ride before lunch (to avoid puking out the lunch.. lol). It was quite scary lar, of course, as it went on a 360-degree swing. Haha.. Then, we went to Marrybrown to have our lunch.

One of the most crowded "makan" places in the park.
Both of us ordered the same set, as it was the most economical set (RM12.90) we could afford.
Then did I realize, their fried chicken is more spicy then both KFC and McD combined.. *super like*
Seeing that we had almost finished all the major rides, we made a move to the Wildlife Park. Erm, it's not as wildlife as it sounds though, in my opinion. Because many of the "habitat" of the animals are under either maintenance or construction. Nothing much to take photos despite of the fact that, I kinda regret for not bringing my camera along. Hmm.. There was this animal show at 3pm. Since it was rather early (we finished wandering at 2pm++), we killed our time at the Wave Pool. Hehe.. But erm, the animal show had not much to "show", they had only this extremely adorable and fluffy rabbit from Turkey, a blue-tongue emo lizard and an extremely "manja" civet cat, who likes to "merajuk" and nibble people.. Haha..

Then, we went on and tried the Tomahawk, followed by the World War Z Live in Scream Park. Gosh! The "ghosts" really scared the shit out of me! At first, they appeared to be under captivity. Who knows from which point onwards, they are no longer held captive! They literally popped out from their "jail" and frightened us! I screamed for God-knows how many times because of their unexpected appearance, which in some cases, they chased after you! Fuh! And there was this walkway with 3D wallpapers whereby, each of us was given a 3D glasses before entering. I must say, the effects were quite amazing, especially when we entered the "spinning chamber" whereby, we were required to walk on a mini bridge across the chamber with the wall spinning. Imagine you are walking in a tunnel, and the walls on your both sides spin anticlockwise. With the 3D glasses on, I felt as if I was walking in a drunken state, as the bridge seemed as though it was rotating in the same pace as the wall as well, but in opposite direction. (Ah, fine. Just pardon my poor descriptions. I don't know how to properly describe it just so you could imagine how was it really like)

I think Grand Canyon River Rapids was our last ride? Actually, I was looking forward to the Niagara Fall, seriously. Last time when I went with my tuition friends, I was so addicted to it that I insisted to ride for the second time, and they were nice enough to accompany me. Hehe.. But, sigh.. A big disappointment of the day! Anyway, speaking of Grand Canyon, there was this guy (not local, I presume?), when the alarm was loud enough to alert us of the upcoming rapid stream, he wanted to act cool and heroic and at the end, being flunked over from his seat and crushed on top of me! Gosh! He is big size and definitely not light weight, okay?!! My chest had been in deep ache even after 15 minutes or so had passed; my toes were numb (which I suspect he stepped onto me) and fingers on my right as well. He had certainly ruined my mood! Grrrr!!!

They HAD to choose this ride in exchange for their new hotels meh? HAD to meh? Ishh.. 
Vuvuzela from afar. Photo taken on the Suspension Bridge.
Well, I was still too "gatal" and persuaded my bestie to accompany me for the Suspension Bridge. It was 40m++ long and it was hot back there! I must have lost my mind a little when that arrogant bastard crushed onto me! Our legs were deeply sore at the end of the bridge, yet, needed to get down to the ground from that tower of, hmm.. 4-5 storeys high.. So, we went back to the Wave Pool again and spent the rest of our evening there until 5.30pm. And to be honest, we actually had a lot of fun there, trying to float with our head facing up, sitting under the "mushroom" fountain to get our shoulders and body massaged, AND taking countless of photos!! Muahahaha......

One of the photos taken under the "mushroom".. LOL
A combination of 30 frames from Timeshift Burst apps in my phone..
I like the way my hair "danced" under the water.. lol
After taking shower and refunded back the leftover from my "debit-band", we left to Sunway Pyramid and had Hot-n-Roll to temporarily fill up our stomach.. Haha.. Hmm.. A day well spent, indeed. Though I regret that I forget to apply sun-block before leaving to the Lagoon, I am not regret for bringing my phone along with me the whole day. Ya, though it doesn't have a SIM card yet, it is waterproof! Hehe.. Just hope that my skin won't get worse or dried up wey.. My whole body is so aching right now, but it definitely worth the ache.. Haha.. Oh wait, this doesn't include my chest ache caused by that foreign bast**d.. Ishh..

Thanks for spending the day with me, my dear. I'm glad that we are back to being besties despite of what happened in the past. I definitely had great time there, and I hope the same goes to you too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment