Tuesday 4 February 2014

My CNY 2014

Happy Chinese New Year! 
It's a horse year, and let us run as fast as a horse could possibly gallop!!
*I know it sounds weird.. lol..

Erm, I don't know exactly how I wanna compose this, because, as usual, my CNY is usually not as happening as I hope it to be. On the New Year Eve, my relatives came back for the Reunion Dinner. However, one thing that upset me a little, is that, three of my cousins rather spend their time in UK touring the Europe, than spending it here with us! One of them just had her convo for Master in well, some engineering course, one is still on her way finishing her last sem of degree, while the other is there to basically give them company! Why, why don't they come back? But frankly speaking, if I were to switch my position with them, I might probably choose to do the same. Because, I hardly have the chance to go overseas!!

We gambled a little to kill time, and, I was the "Tauke" (aka The Boss) for the game Black Jack. Ya, we don't know how to play "Cho Dai Di", so I guess BJ is one of the lamest games you could possibly think of. But, to me, I do like BJ quite a bit. I had a capital of RM5, all of which were coins, and, our bet ranging from 10¢ to RM1! I know right.. I won a few ringgits only to loss them again in the later rounds.. Aiks.. Then, I nearly felt asleep awaiting the time to pass. Luckily, the movie Avatar was playing in the drive, and it caught my attention. It wasn't the first time watching the movie, but since I couldn't seem to recall much, I sat down with them in the living hall. As soon as it passed 12 midnight, only then, my dad and uncle lighted up the firecrackers,we were just there, indoor, covering our ears from the "earth-shattering" blasts.
Out of a sudden, I realized I love my hair just like this :D
The next day, we departed half an hour later than planned, and arrived the temple at around 9.30am and proceeded with the prayers. We were in hope to catch some lion dance, like the one we watched about two or three years ago. However, they didn't seem to have had the lion dance arranged, or, could it be that we missed the show? Aiks.. We then left in disappointments. :(

Basically, we had "Soh Mee" (in Hokkien) or "Chang Shou Mian" (in Chinese) every morning during the festival. Sometimes, the portion prepared turned out to be too much that we had that for lunch as well.. Haha.. Then, only during dinner, we had all the favourite food served! Despite of the uprising price of the prawns (I heard it's now selling at 1kg for RM30++ ?), we still had it for five days straight! Hohoho... :D

One of the many dinners during CNY :D
Let's see. I think we didn't go anywhere on the first day of CNY, we were basically at home, awaiting some guests to pay us a visit. They did come on the second day though. Hmm.. Me, on the other hand, kept myself hidden in my room to quickly finish my novel which should have finished weeks ago. Hmm.. Come to think of it now, though I have a habit to read novels - especially those with the background from the olden England (where the gentlemen bow and the ladies curtsy kind of cultures) - in hopes to improve my English, somehow or rather, I felt as if I've wasted a lot of time reading "non-productive" materials. In other words, people in my age, whom are in the process of turning into an adult, tend to read more on self-helps, motivational/leadership, finance/investment etc etc, I reckon? But, what have I been doing?

Not that I've never read ANY productive materials before, all right? I did, some of my favourite authors are Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump, T. Harv Eker; one of my idols is Richard Brandson; I read news (not as often as everyday though) from Bloomberg, Forbes and Fortune (my subscription just ended few months back). Oh, and The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom is a nice book too. So, I realized that I have no more time to waste. Right after I finished that particular novel, I searched my entire book-shelves for a book that my friend gave it to me as my birthday gift, The Traveler's Gift. (Thanks, Sky ^^)

Oh ya, forget to mention something. I tried the light painting again. Hehe.. I snapped some photos of "HCNY 2014", and I wrote the Chinese word of Horse too. :D
I don't know what this is, but the flares are nice :)
Not bad right? Hehe..
Since schools reopen tomorrow, all of my relatives left today, one after the other. And, a not-so-long CNY break has inevitably come to an end. The house is once again back to the deadly silence, long gone the laughters that filled the atmosphere. The New Year cakes and cookies are almost finished, so are the drinks and desserts. The decorations are still on the wall, awaiting to be removed after the 15th day of our Lunar calender. We, on the other hand, are still in reluctance to switch our mood back to serious matter (eg, studies or work). Oh, by the way, as a Hokkien, we have to "Bai Tee Gong" (in Hokkien) on the 9th day of the festival, which means, we will have to stay up late this Friday. Hmm... Anything in mind to kill time? Gamble, chat, read, or watch movie? Hmm...

Wish you guys have a joyful Chinese New Year! :D


2 comments:

  1. my reunion dinner also as sien as always. ur relatives all stayed at ur house during cny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours also sien? Ya, they stayed here.. Surprised that my house can accommodate so many people? haha

      Delete