Saturday 15 June 2013

DRAGON-i

I've been bogged down with studies and assignments for the past three weeks. Ever since the new semester commenced, I felt it a must to do whatever I could to make sure that I secure my first class honour for my degree. I was supposed to stay back to attend a family dinner tomorrow night, but I have to head back to my university today and get prepared for my test next Wednesday. It's not just any ordinary subject, it's International Trade Law! Seeing that I've gotten myself an A for Foundation in Business Law in my previous semester, I have to either score better or, at least maintain my record, for law-related subjects.

I felt so sorry for not being able to attend the family dinner on tomorrow night which has been planned way ahead. However, my father understands that, studies will always be the priority for a student and doesn't blame me or feel upset when he knew it was hardly possible for me to make myself available seeing that I have a test coming. I know I'm blessed for having such an understanding and considerate father. Thus, the guilt that spurted in me, made me realized that I should do something. 

Conversation between my father and I:
Me: Ba, would you be free on Friday night?
Dad: Anything?
Me: Ya, thinking of celebrating Father's day in advance seeing that I won't be free on Sunday night.
Dad: You belanja? (note: belanja means, to treat someone)
Me: Yaya, I'll belanja and I'll drive also. Haha. Let's go Setia City Mall!
Dad: Why do we have to go so far? (actually it ain't that far, it's just a 30-min drive)
Me: No worries, I'm the one driving what. So, is the plan ON?
Dad: ON! You drive and you belanja sure must go lar, cannot miss leh! (LOL)

With that, I made a plan to bring forward our very own family dinner instead and celebrated Father's Day two days in advanced. I reserved a table of six at DRAGON-i, Setia City Mall. It was my first time treating my family an awesome meals with the hard-earned money from my semester break a month ago.

A conducive environment for some simple gatherings.
The elegant hard-cover menu.
An exquisite teapot of rejuvenating Chrysanthemum tea. 
The Signature from Dragon-i, Shanghai Xiao Long Bao,
The Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumplings.
La Mian with Shanghainese Deep-fried Pork Ribs.
(Ya, forgot to snap on the pork ribs. Oops XD)
Sautéed Diced Chicken with Dried Flower Chili Szechuan Style
(I would say, the Dried Flower Chili is a bit too much.. LOL)
Ya, we sort of enjoying ourselves "discovering" the last piece of
Chicken Cube out of the mountain of Dried Flower Chili. Haha.
Stir-fried Knife Sliced Noodle with Seafood.
Shame to say, I've forgotten to jot down the names for the pork (the one on top)
and fish (the one at the bottom) delicacies. My apologies. But, they are mouth-watering!
We arrived at approximately eight o'clock, took our own sweet time flipping the menu over and over again because, trust me, it was no easy task to make up your mind which ones to order. If I had all the time in the world, I would have tried everything! Wait, time is not the only constraint, you must make sure you have the adequate finance too. Haha. I wouldn't say the food here are expensive, but they ain't that cheap either. However, whatever you spent here, you'd know, they worth it. I'm glad that, my father likes it too. 

I know this ain't the first time we celebrate Father's Day, but it was my first time bringing my entire family to a high-but-not-too-high class restaurant to enjoy a lovely dinner together. I've always appreciated everything my father has been doing for me, his stringent upbringing tells me the cruel but inconvenient truth, his constructive advice has always enlightened me, his words of motivation have always allowed me to go further, his unconditional devotion, love and care made me the luckiest girl alive to have him in my life. Ba, love you always. <3

Father's Day appeared to be some sort of an anniversary, commemorates how important and influential a father could be to positively impact our lives. This, however, doesn't mean that, Father's day is the only day to show our appreciation. A small action everyday, be it a call or a short text of regards, makes a difference. Quote: "Don't always say, 'There's still time', or say 'Maybe next time'. Because there's also a concept of 'It's too late!'"

'Till next post, cheers :)


2 comments:

  1. wow,how come ur vocab to describe food so pro one~ lol im envious of u~ coz ur able to treat ur family with ur own hard earned money ! I wonder how long my family will have to wait lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my vocab is pro? i doubt that.. those r d names of d dishes only.. i hardly used any impressive adjectives actually.. hmm.. one day.. go to work during your upcoming sem break n u'd hv your first pay to treat your family :)

      Delete