Sunday 22 February 2015

My CNY 2015

Happy Chinese New Year!
May happiness, health and wealth be of abundance in the year ahead :)

Before constructing this post, I read back my CNY entry last year, and realized, "Hey, my English was way better back then. What happened?" LOL.. Perhaps it has been a long time since I last read a novel, probably 2 months? Hmmm.. Anyway.. One thing to be grateful for, is that, this year, three of my dearest cousins are here to celebrate CNY with us! Hehe.. And, Sharm actually wore a Cheong Sam!! Fuh, pretty sial~~~

Well, one thing that was different compared to last year, was that, I didn't manage to stay up for countdown to CNY 2015. It's such an embarrassment right? Sigh.. I was working on the CNY Eve and reached back home at around 8pm++? I had no mood to eat but still, I joined my family and relatives at the dining table for some small talks lar.. After shower, chit-chat and some Black Jack sessions, I was already very exhausted and went to bed at 11pm.. Actually, I wanted to just take a nap but who knows, even the "earth-shattering" fireworks failed to wake me up. :/

Managed to play around with my shutter before went to bed XD
The next day, we arrived at the temple at around 10 in the morning and this was the first time I felt like I prayed real, real hard. I kept on repeating what I wish to achieve in this year as if the more I repeat, the higher chance for them to come true. I did pray for my family as well, of course. Anyway, as usual, we missed the lion dance!! Ishh.. Should have awaken earlier than last year (yup, we missed it last CNY too).. zzzz..

I kinda miss my curly permed hair......
I have no memory of what I did on the first day of CNY wey (I suspect having the Alzheimer's syndromes.. lol).. However, I do remember what we did on the second day. This year is a bit special because, unlike any of the years, a lot of far far relatives came back for luncheon gathering. Yup, far as in like, the families of my grandma's nephews and nieces. I think some are further that even all the adults have no idea how should we (the younger generations) greet them. Ended up, we called everyone uncles and aunties.. LOL.. Anyway, since we hosted it, I should have been the one serving and entertaining the guests right? But guess what, I was a little too shy to do so and just managed to mingle around with some of them (mainly talkative and outgoing kind, because they are even better than me in generating topics to chat about and laugh for!) It was quite fun and I even made a video  (all thanks to VAIO Movie Creator) for it because CNY this year is still somewhat special :D

Food served for the luncheon gathering.. Hehe..
On the third day, guess what? Mini gathering with my high-school tuition mates!! Well, actually, we wanted to have it in January, but everyone was not free. Who knows, after postponed it to a "rombongan" CNY also, many couldn't make it. Anyway, who cares? As long as we had fun!! Hehe.. Thanks to Lillian who introduced HC and me to the board-game called "Survival" :) It seemed to have consumed a lot of our brain power to "strategize" the game that we finished 2 big cans of new year cookies without even realizing it.. lol.. 

Awwww.. All lenglui's... Haha..
Today is the forth day already and I think that's it. It's rather depressing though, seeing that this CNY was so special (ya, the fact that my cousins are here, far far relatives are here, and meet-up with tuition-mates) and full of memories yet the break is so short. How I wish I could have longer holidays to enjoy the festival with families to the fullest! You know what, we actually wanted to pay a visit to the pandas in the zoo but the plan was cancelled as my dad reckoned there would be annoying jam. So was the plan to visit KLCC. Hmmm..

Anyway, all in all.. It was fun :)
Wishing you guys a prosper CNY :D


No comments:

Post a Comment