Tuesday 24 June 2014

Din Tai Fung

So, this year, we celebrated Father’s Day one week earlier for, I needed to work on Father’s Day itself. See? How cruel eh? What to do? At times, there are jobs like that which require people over the weekend, especially during special events/days. So yeah, we celebrated without my younger brother as he was stuck in college with his assignments. Padan muka lar, do last minute! :p

We went to Dragon-I last year, because my dad likes Chinese cuisine for a great deal. Thus, this year I brought him to a similar restaurant but of higher class (as what I heard from my colleague lar). I wanted to make reservation a week before but was told impossible to do so, because they operate on a first come first serve basis. At the end, we had to make a move at around 5.30pm and arrived an hour later because of jam. Anyway, we were lucky because there were only a few tables of customers awaiting to be served. Our food, on the other hand, was served approximately 10 minutes after we placed the order. Thus, my dad suspected that, all the food have been prepared ahead, they just heat it up upon request only. Hmm.. Is that so? If yes, I feel quite disappointed lor…

Hush.. I think I talk too much. Let’s move on to the dishes we ordered. As my brother wasn’t with us that day, the total amount I spent was rather less as compared to last year. Hoho.. I uploaded a photo to my Insta actually, but I'll still share some of the photos of the dishes we ordered that day lar :)

This photo caught the eyes of my cousin sister in UK, who demanded a meal treat from me pulak..
She must has been desperately craving for Malaysia FOOOOOOOD.. LOL *miss her*
Crab Xiao Long Bao (RM18.80), which, err.. Not really suit our taste.. Hmm..
Crab Meat Shaomai (RM15.50)
Shrimp Prawn Wan Tan La Mian (RM16)
Pork Fried Rice (RM14.50)
Shrimp Pork Fried Rice (RM16)
Sweet & Sour Chicken (RM18)
Mango Pudding (RM8.80)
These are all captured by my smartphone except my dad's fried rice, haha.. That's why my hands are so itchy to add some effects to the photos taken.. lol.. But still, I forget to take photos for few of our dishes, which include Hot & Spicy Soup La Mian, Cha Jiang Mian, Chicken Soup, and a pot of Chrysanthemum Tea.. lol.. Overall, my dad was quite satisfied lar.. Hehe.. Before we left, we asked the waitress to help us take a family photo and, hmm.. She does have the skill, I love that photo :)

Now, I'm thinking where to bring my dad for next year's celebration already. He, on the other hand, expressly conveyed his intention to try other kind of food, eg: Korean, Italian, Thai and so on, as if indicating me to bring him there.. lol.. I know lar, I'll do some research k? Oh, BTW, my dad was funny lar, when the food was served, he straight asked me, "You don't want to take photo ar? If you don't want, I want to eat liao ar" LOLOLOL.. He knows!

Anyway, I found this song quite nice to share:
It's supposed to be quite an emo song, but they managed to make the genre so relaxing..

This song really reminds me of a novel that I just finished reading recently, Tender Triumph, by Judith McNaught. The guy really wish to marry this girl and her father refused to agree to it. The entire conversation between this couple and her parents really warmed my heart that I wept. It's nothing new that I cried over a movie, but I seldom did over a novel. Can you imagine how touching the story is? It caught me to ponder, how would my dad react when my Mr Right asked my hand for marriage? Hmm.. My dad has been very protective over me.. Would he.. Err.. Anyway, I'm still young lar.. It's still TOO early to think about this sort of thing just yet! Ahem Ahem..

Ba, "My husband might be my prince, but you'll always be my king!" Love you ❤❤

'Till next post, cheers :)


2 comments:

  1. lol cute song. u should bring ur dad to try korean food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have agreed more! Haha.. Anyway, any recommendation for nice and quality Korean Food? Price shouldn't be an issue lar, seeing that I have one year to save up for it.. lol

      Delete