Friday 26 June 2015

Krabi 4D3N: 4 Islands-Hopping Tour

First of all, there are few things you need to think about, if you'd like to save time on surveying the tour offers:

  • You'd need to decide, you want a half day tour, or a whole day tour? Half day tour usually ends around 3-4 in the afternoon, but lunch not provided. Whole day tour usually comes with either lunch or dinner. The bright side of half day tour is that, you would have the rest of the day for yourself, to rest, or to do anything you like. Whole day tour seem quite heavy for us...
  • There are two types of boats, Longtail boat and Speed-boat. Longtail boat is the one which looks somehow traditional, the size could range from 10 passengers to 50 passengers, operating on a somewhat outdated engine, super loud that you have to literally shout to converse with the person sits right next to you. On the other hand, you can find speed-boat in the Tub Island photo below, one that looks more modern and comfy and speedy! Oh well, Speed-boat package is more pricey, of course.
  • The purpose of the tour. Just to have fun? Or have specific wish, eg: having dinner by the beach enjoying the sunset? Because there are tours specially catered for this group of people, you just need to tell the agent what you want.
  • I've seen from blogs that you get to negotiate for better price if you book the tour in the afternoon. But we rather rest in the hotel and started the survey at night. Managed to get some discounts for this island-hopping tour, but not the Jungle Trekking Tour though.

There you go, 4 islands-hopping for THB 450 per head, price for the Longtail boat package. Though the pick-up from our Verandah Hotel was not punctual, the whole tour wasn't at all dull thanks to the ever energetic tour guide. Should have opted for the Speed-boat actually, I felt dizzy and wanted to vomit (but I didn't) in that Longtail boat, which I reckon was due to "volatility" and exhaust gas from the "laoya" engine.. zzzz...

It's a 50-passenger Longtail boat, which I think is better than those 10-passenger boat? Hmm..





First stop: TUB ISLAND


Wanted to capture some customary shots of the ships "anchored" along the beach, like those island photos that you'd manage to get from Google image, but it was all so crowded! Sigh.. This shot was taken from a small hunt slightly above a small hill on the island. To us, there was really nothing much to do here, except taking some photos, selfies and wefies! Haha..


Second stop: CHICKEN ISLAND


It doesn't have a beach, not that I'm aware of anyway. We were being dropped off at behind of the island. It was my first time attempting snorkelling around and it was damn embarrassing! I thought I've wore the gear properly but it dropped off when I was in the "sea" and tasted the seawater first-hand. LOL. Then I just glued myself to the "staircase" and never let go. No no, Imma not gonna let go! lmao

Image taken from the arse of the Chicken Island.. The middle part of it looks like a cub to me though :D


Third stop: PODA ISLAND


At first, I kept on thinking it was the James Bond Island, but I was wrong. James Bond Island looks more "yao yeng".. Hehe.. Anyway, this was the place where we had our lunch. How nice right, lunch at the beach? Remember I said half day tour usually doesn't come with lunch? This one did, which was not bad lar, though it was plainly some rice, cabbage and a tiny little drumstick :D 


Forth stop: Phra Nang Cave Beach 


He, the tour guide, dropped us off at a pretty far point that we had to walk appx 20 minutes to reach the cave, where there are some legends about it. I didn't really pay much attention though, as I was busying taking photos. Ya, I'm still not good at picking the right angle thus, "try-and-error" was super time-consuming! Oh, wait wait.. I've managed to get this:

Not perfect, but still not bad lar.. Hehe..

Enclosed below is a video version of the 4 Islands-Hopping Tour. This is my first time making a travel video, hope you'd enjoy :D





No comments:

Post a Comment